Jet chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet chip

I have a 97 3.8 maro and was wondering if anyone new the part number for a stage 1 and 2 jet chip.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Re: Jet chip

I wouldn't waste my time with it. Chips never do what they say they will. Get a tune, be happy.

Comment

yea, save up for a mail order tune. Whats all done to your car?

Comment

I saw Jet Chip in the title and I kid you not, the first word that popped in my head was crap. All engines are all slightly different from the factory (hence the term "factory freak") and there's no way for them to actually be able to tune a vehicle by mass distribution as such. I don't even like the idea of mail order tunes.

I see 2 viable options for tuning:
        1. Buy Hptuners, a wideband and tune it yourself.
        2. Get a dynotune from a reputable shop.

Both will cost you around $5-600.00. Save up.

Whatever else you find available is just someone's best guess.
        Last edited by Blizzard242; 09-28-2011, 12:14 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

My car is basically a 4.2 stroked now.

Bored 30 over
          High rev valve springs
          Head work
          High compression pistons 10:1
          Flowmaster
          Predator cam
          SLP cold air intake

Last edited by Aftorres; 09-28-2011, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aftorres View Post
            My car is basically a 4.2 stroked now.

Bored 30 over
            High rev valve springs
            Head work
            High compression pistons 10:1
            Flowmaster
            Predator cam
            SLP cold air intake
            I've never heard of a predator cam for our cars; where did you get that?

I'm also kind of curious about the pistons, I know JE makes a 10:1, but 30 over is an odd bore for our blocks. Are you running a stock crank?

X2 on the HP tuners, especially with internal engine work.

Comment

I actually got my engine built buy a guy who builds sprint car engines and drag engines. Im not really sure how he did it all but he did haha. Predator cams build custom cams for basically any vehicle.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Good looking ride, kinda hard to make out the wheels and body kit though. You'll have to get some better pics for us when u get a chance.

Comment

I will make a car domain sometime and post the site.

Comment

You'll be happy with HPtuners. Easy to tune with it.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

If you have all that crap done to your car, why would you even think of wasting your money on a jet chip. Also, if you have all that done to your car, there is no way you are running a stock tune and have it running good.
                        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I know its not running right lol. I can hardly drive below 2k tach

Comment

Looked at Predator, they must be a regular machine shop and did a blank for your guy. Honestly, you should have gotten a build sheet or an invoice on the engine so you know exactly what is done to it. If you're trying to be mysterious about it, you're gonna ruffle some feathers.

Dyno tuning is a good option if you really aren't to sure about what to do. You need the engine specs to give the tuner the best information possible. Actual displacement, compression, cylinder head flow numbers (mine does 180cfm), camshaft specs, etc. I dyno tuned mine at Texas Speed & Performance and they were very thankful that I had my engine build stuff all in line. You can search my build information and it'll pop up everywhere. I don't keep it a secret.

You might look into getting bigger injectors. If you do have a stroker, you're gonna be coming close to maxing out those stockers. Many guys go with the GTP injectors as they're relatively inexpensive and can be bought through a lot of locations. Get them cleaned and even flow matched if possible.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X