Wideband or Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wideband or Car?

I just installed my wideband it is a LC1. when driving normaly is jumps between 14.5 and 15.2 . when i get on it it goes down to 13.2-12.6. but after i get on it and let off the gas all the way it goes to 21.8 and stays till i touch the gas again.

I have not done any tuning to the maf yet.

Re: Wideband or Car?

DFCO = deceleration fuel cut off.

It's normal, and helps with gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by caspernicus View Post
      DFCO = deceleration fuel cut off.

It's normal, and helps with gas mileage.

that makes sense i noticed my fuel pressure drop like 1-2% when it was decelerating and i was slightly concerned
      Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
      1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
      1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
      2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Yup, DFCO.

You're letting off the gas, so it is cutting fuel and decelerating. So you have more air than fuel, therefore a more lean mixture.

Comment

If that ever happens when you're trying to accelerate, that's when you should worry.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

ok i figured it was the dec inlean. I just didnt expect that big of a difference. i guess my car has been doing it for the last 10 years so it must be safe. do you midify these settings when tuning for heavily modded motors?

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop View Post
              ok i figured it was the dec inlean. I just didnt expect that big of a difference. i guess my car has been doing it for the last 10 years so it must be safe. do you midify these settings when tuning for heavily modded motors?

Yes, for a modded engine with cam I would shoot for a 12.5 when going WOT.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X