show me the way of tuning for forced induction - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

show me the way of tuning for forced induction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• show me the way of tuning for forced induction

i've been all over hptuners. but since all of the tables are different for each car its hard to get good answers on how to actually tune for boost.

the only enable we have to enable pe is the tps%, correct? how do i know what to set that 2?

in an N\A tune, i understand that we setup one PE afr. and aim for that. i.e. set pe base afr to 13.0 and zero out all of the adder tables and acceleration enrichment.
    but with a turbo there's a different rate of air coming in at different times...
    so i'm unsure of when to enable pe. and if i aim for one PE AFR. or use adders and if so where/how. i understand the tables just not the theory of tuning for boost.

the tunes i've seen show adder tables. being use and it actually makes the PE AFR super rich. like 10:1 and lower. that doesn't seem right to me.. but what do i know.:work:

Re: show me the way of tuning for forced induction

I would just use the PE, it maxes out though which sucks.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i was checking out your tune. and it seems to make the most sense out of the ones i've looked at... u e-mailed it to me a while back... are you really commanding 10.4 for your PE? obviously im no expert but it seems a little over rich.

Comment

I don't remember which one you have but I wouldn't commmand more than 11.5-11.8 Afr.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

can you e-mail your most recent? i'm gonna go with 11.5...(actually 11.1 in compensation for ethanol gas) atleast in the begining. maybe lean it out to 11.8 if i dont see knock. or i could just advance the timing.. meh, i dunno.
          e-mail is sirspraysalot@gmail.com

Comment

I'll see what I have and email you.

Comment

Sent you the last tune I was working on before I took the turbo off.

Comment

i appreciate it. man i was doing some wot runs for my na tune just now. and i'm not sure what i did, but somehow got close to 20% rich right after being within 3%. i pulled over to make changes and i couldn't get the key to turn.......... ahh its always something

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                  ahh its always something
                  Yes.. yes it is.. the world of modding..

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X