weird KR issues I cant figure out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird KR issues I cant figure out

Heres the issue, I've been running off just the VE tables for a year or so now with little/no issues. My KR has been under control maybe getting 0.5* under part throttle every so often...nothing major, and probably something unavoidable.

Now, I want to go back to a MAF based tune. I followed the Russ K guide and retuned my MAF and put a stock VE table back in. My fueling on the wideband looks great...right in at the low 14's at part throttle, and I haven't done WOT yet.

My problem is, I have HUGE amounts of KR with my maf tune even though my fueling and spark is the same as my VE based tune...even if I pull timing I get KR all over the place as high as 7* or more...I subtract timing and it's still going wild, I put the stock spark table in and still no help.

Why am I showing KR only when tuning off the MAF when fueling is ok? but I am not showing it with the VE based tune?...and FYI the VE tune still does show KR when I get it, as I have gotten 2*'s before when I bumped the spark a little higher in some categories.

Heres a copy of the MAF/MAP tune and a scan from each.

aug29kr is a scan with the MAF

aug30backtosd is a scan back with VE tune

SDbeforereversion2 is the VE tune

and the backtomaf is the MAF tune.

Thanks guys.

Here is a link to the hp tuners thread with everything

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...108#post269108

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: weird KR issues I cant figure out

Have you desenitized your KR sensors? That really helps , since your running that big cam.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      Have you desenitized your KR sensors? That really helps , since your running that big cam.
      I havent yet, but I seem to have almost no KR with my VE tune, but the exact same MAF tune KR is through the roof....I dont think it is a sensitivity issue, unless the sensors somehow desensitize themselves when the MAF is set to fail?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thats pretty werid, I would just desenitize them , mines been 40% reduced for almost 10 years now , never had any problems with them.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X