Fuel Gauge Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge Issues

I don't know if this is better suited in electronics or sensors because I'm not sure what it is. My fuel gauge is acting real crazy. Sometimes I will turn the car on and magically the gauge reads full, when I could have just driven an hour ago and it said a little less than 1/2.
    While I'm driving it will just randomly be bouncing around from half to full and go back down. I just pulled the car into the garage after getting back from school and it was reading 3/4 full and I pulled it in the garage, bounced the rear end and it went up to full, then down to half, then a little less than half and then literally could stay still between 1/4 to 1/2 full. This problem just started on this last tank or two. Idk if it's the float or the gauge is getting a weird voltage or what..need to know where to go from here...thanks.

Re: Fuel Gauge Issues

Mine is doing the same, but staying pinned past F... I was told it was the float.

Comment

well mine doesn't get stuck in anyone place, it just literally is constantly moving. I let the car sit in the garage(a flat surface) and turned the key to on and the gauge just bounces around everywhere. How could the float be moving if the car is stationary, the engine is off, fuels not moving on a flat surface? It's just really messed up..I have no expertise in sensors and that kind of area.

Comment

bump

Comment

Maybe your sender inside your tank is bad or the float.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

well to give some additional puzzling info..say you have the car on the driveway, and the float is reading FULL when I know with 90 miles on the tank it isn't. You can turn the key off and back on as fast as you can and it will read a little less than 3/4 tank, which I believe to be accurate, plus it doesn't bounce around like crazy. Why would it change from turning the key off and back on after maybe 2 seconds if the float didn't move.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X