Help tuning with 42lb injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help tuning with 42lb injectors

The best i remember when i last tuned my maf With the stock injectors i had good fuel trims. Now using 42lb green top ford injectors which I believe are 45 on our rail. I hafta set them to 39lb have acceptable trims and it's still around a positive 10 ltft. Any ideas? Should I use the 42? And maf tune?

Re: Help tuning with 42lb injectors

You should use 42 and scale them, then use PE to dial them in.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
      The best i remember when i last tuned my maf With the stock injectors i had good fuel trims. Now using 42lb green top ford injectors which I believe are 45 on our rail. I hafta set them to 39lb have acceptable trims and it's still around a positive 10 ltft. Any ideas? Should I use the 42? And maf tune?
      Have you only changed your injectors so far or have you done other stuff to your engine too?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Well right now it' has the exhaust going through the turbo. But it's not plumbed to the intake. Theres no air Filter on the motor right now. The Motor is completely stock. The exhaust manifolds did change though.

Comment

Eh.. Don't worry about tuning till your build is done or you'll really just be doing it all over again.

PS.. I have lucas 42.5 injectors and they were a ***** to figure out. I ended up setting them all on a straight line at 42 or somewhere around there and did a MAF tune. I don't feel like that's the right way, because the injector table isn't really suppose to be tuned. I'm pretty sure your injector table should be a fixed thing and you tune the MAF and PE from there. I really couldn't find any good help on those specific injectors.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I set my green tops at something like 44.5 across the board on the injector table, whatever it is that the calculator in HPT tells you to enter them as when you enter the rail pressure @ a certain rating for our fuel rail pressure.

Having said this, in my research I found that up to '97 this was the proper way to do it, and from '98-'02 you were supposed to scale them to correspond with the MAP sensor readings...(I think). SO since I'm a '97 this should be fine, and I know absolutely nothing as far as scaling goes. BUT I think turbov6camaro's website tells you how to scale them.

Comment

This thread on 'Tech should help anyone who needs to scale their injectors: http://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-in...ump-chart.html

Comment

I'm definitely going to tune for just the injectors first because it's running way to lean with the correct injector data to even think about boosting. Plus I wanna practice the tubing before I do the more risky turbo tune

Comment

Your doing it right , tune for your motor first then save it , then do boosted so you have a back up file just in case.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X