Injectors??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Injectors??

Hm. Good to know, that... idle you'd want right around there right?

Comment

Lynx's turbo camaro was running something like 100lb/hr injectors. From what I'd heard, they were really challenging to tune for any idle operation as it is like trying to water your flowerbed with a fire hose.

Comment

100 lbs/hr, eh.

What kind of horsepower does "Lynx's" Camaro make?

Comment

I think they were 120lbs each, and he made 650 hp, I think his car is gone now though.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Dyno graph here. 613hp @ 15psi on something like 60lb/hr injectors:

That was also on his old setup, with the 95lb/hr setup. The 120lb/hr setup was when he was going for 1000whp mark and turning the wick up on the turbo. He did 650 but the fuel line pressure was dropping the more power he made. He had effectively maxed out the fuel rail capacity. He quit and parted it all out. The old engine/turbo setup went to somebody that doesn't know how to tune it and has popped previous turbo motors.

For reference though, Tim King (INTENSE Racing) did 866whp on 30psi with twin GT35R's. He had all his fuel issues sorted out nicely.

Comment

Eyecandy time, the engine bay of Tim King's 8 second bird.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
                Eyecandy time, the engine bay of Tim King's 8 second bird.

Thats some eye candy there.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Enough eye candy I can't nowhere NEAR afford. Back to injectors.

Put in 310s and I didn't like the way the engine ran at idle or light load. Swapped them for 240s...much better.

Probably didn't need 310s anyway because 240 is about right more my engine at 270-hp and the nitrous system I have, jacks up the FP, when the solenoids are energized. I have plenty of fuel pump, so more flow thought the 240s when the bottle is on, ought to work ok.

We'll see.

Comment

Bottom line...

The RC Engineering 240 cc/min injectors work really well. At WOT 6000-6200 rpm I'm at 75-78% duty cycle. Perfect.

Tuned for 0.85-0.86 Lambda at WOT and it stays there, rock solid, between 1700 and 6200 rpm.

Also, at light throttle and idle the engine runs just a bit smoother. I'm not expert enough on what's inside an RCEngineering injector but they're doing something much better than do the stock Multec II's.

Had a little KR issue between 4500 and 5000 so I took 2° out of the spark map right around that area and fixed the problem.

Next step...put the nitrous oxide back on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X