Can HP Tuners tune out EVAP system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can HP Tuners tune out EVAP system?

It should tune it out, mines tuned out and no light , they don't even pop the hood when I go to emissions.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Check out the lines running under the car and I believe there are also some connections in the driver rear wheel well. I was getting a front evap valve code due to a leaky vacuum line in the front. Even if you need to get at the tank the job also doesn't have to be that labor intensive if you cut an access panel in the trunk and can take care of it without dropping the tank.
      96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

Yeah but where is the valve/solenoid located under there? Is it in the same vicinity of the fuel pump? I wouldn't want to cut out the entire rear deck looking for this thing.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

could cut a trap door instead of droping the tank. nothing like going through the back door.

Comment

Yeah the back door is pretty cool, but how big does the hole have to be? I know we have the specs for doing the pump, but where, in relation to the pump, is the EVAP solenoid?
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Theres suppose to be a canister behind the drivers rear tire area.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X