trouble with injector tuning, hptuners, IFR spreadsheet - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trouble with injector tuning, hptuners, IFR spreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with injector tuning, hptuners, IFR spreadsheet

unfortunately turbov6camaro.com is down. and i'm not having any luck with tuning my injectors.. i used the spreadsheet the excel spreadsheet on hptuners. but either im doing it wrong or i don't understand what i'm supposed to put in my tune.
    i'm using 42lb ford green top injectors
    they flow 42lb at 39.15psi

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/chuck/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
    what am i doing wrong? what do i enter into hptuners and how?(add, paste, paste multiply?)

Re: trouble with injector tuning, hptuners, IFR spreadsheet

For rated fuel rail pressure would be close to 48-50 PSI , thats with a walbro 255. If stock it would be 44 PSI.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ok thats fixed and i do have the stock pump right now, i still don't understand what i need to put into hp tuners... obviously not the 4.## i was actually looking at your tune and thats how i knew it was wrong. but yeah im so lost.

Comment

You could do 42lbs across the cells and then use PE vs, RPM for additional tuning to get it dialed in.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'll probably do that tomorrow so that it will atleast run okay. To get it to the exhaust shop. Right now it runs rich as hell and wants to die. But I'd like to know how to use that spreadsheet. I also really wish turbocamarov6 was still up!

Comment

I have some 42.5 lb injectors.. Getting those dialed in was frustrating because I could never get an answer about their rated flow and whatnot. I eventually just set something around 42.5 straight across the board and then tuned my MAF.

Remember, in the injectors table, the higher the number the leaner it is.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i can answer my own question now.. basically you take what that spreadsheet gives you and hafta convert it to lbs/hr. its a little confusing because in the hptuners description at the bottom. shows that the measurement is g/sec but its actually lbs/hr. i'm sure that description is general and the units probably vary on different vehicles.

Comment

Glad you got it figuerd out. Once you start using it and the different tables the easier it gets.

Comment

well im pretty sure i did get it right. but i took it out for a spin today... and its got no power.... keep in mind its open ffh with no O2 sensors. it starts up and stays running with no issues. before i tuned the injectors i was obviously running really rich and there was smoke, theres no smoke now....any ideas??

Comment

i richened it up a bit and its running better........ damn i wish this made sense.... i have no way of doing any other tuning until my exhaust gets done... plan on going tomorrow

Comment

Wideband!!!
                      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Wide band will go back in just as soon as there's exhaust to put it in. I'm just trying to make it to the exhaust shop. But regardless. My tune wasn't far off before the injectors. I figured i would be able to plug in the correct injector numbers and be super close I was running pretty lean I richened it up and seems to be running alot better

Comment

do you have a fuel pressure gauge? Tie it in with hp tuners and make it a PID...then you need to log your fuel pressure at each of those MAP values, then put that converted number into your spread sheet (if your fuel pressure is higher than 58 at any of the MAP points, you're injectors should act a little bigger as well) I believe this is how it works...it was how I was going to tune mine, but I never got a chance to hook my gauge into hp tuners before it crapped out on me.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

unfortunately i only have a mechanical fuel pressure gauge.
                            would putting a wideband into the end of my manifold ruin the sensor?
                            my idea was that using the spreadsheet would get me close enough and when i got the exhaust welded i would be able to fine tune via maf\wb
                            but that spreadsheet seems bogus. oh and i drove it to the exhaust shop today. and they decided to take today off apparently. sucks!

Comment

I would put it just before the cat, otherwise how are you going to read your other 3 cylinders? unless you have 2 widebands?

You can put 42#'s right across (if thats your injectors) and fine tune with the wideband...I think for my 36lbs I put 33 in the first slot and 34 in the last and hit the linear scale button...

most of your tuning is with the wideband

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X