P1406?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1406?

I got my elm327 obd2 bluetooth adapter today and checked my trouble codes and came up with a p0300 and a p1406. I know about the p0300, but I'm not sure what the p1406 is. I looked in the DTC sticky, and in the tech database but couldn't figure it out. Anybody have any ideas?
    Edit: just did a search I guess its an egr code. So I need to either clean it or replace it. When I swapped in my L26 it came with an egr, anybody know if I can use this in an F body?
    Last edited by espey_16; 05-02-2011, 04:03 PM.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Re: P1406?

Ok I got it figured out. The l26 egr works. I took it off the bracket it came with, sprayed some carb cleaner in it a few times just in case, and put it in place of my old one. This is the first time since I've owned the car that the ses light wasn't on.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

That's gotta be a nice feeling... a rear o2 sensor has kept mine on since a few weeks after I got my car..

Comment

yeah, I'm actually more excited I got that light to turn off then I was when I got the motor swap done.
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Speaking of EGR codes, I will frequently get the P1404 code after a long drive (several hundred miles), and it is the EGR. It's basically that the EGR pintle position doesn't match what the PCM is looking for. After a couple of days it goes away. I hate electronic EGR's. I just ignore it now. if the light ever stays on permanently then I'll deal with it.
          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Yeah, mine will intermittently throw p1406, and then go away on it's own. Rather annoying, especially for an overpriced part. I might try just cleaning it like the OP.

Comment

I've got the 1406. Comes back as soon as I've put about 30 miles on it after clearing. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to clean it. It is a costly little bugger but I got inspection by the end of the month so its gotta get done. That and the cat.
              96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

Yeah the first time mine got the P1404 I had the code cleared and I cleaned the valve and the passageway, even though neither had any buildup that I could tell. Then when it happened again I just left it, and now I've just accepted it.
                2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

The two engines setting DTC1406...what model years?

Comment

My car is a 97 but it had an l36 out of a 96, and now its got an 06 l26 in it.
                    1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

What model year is the ECM?
                      96, 97 or 06? I have FSMs for each and I'll try and look-up the code.
                      Last edited by Hib Halverson; 05-12-2011, 11:32 AM. Reason: added content.

Comment

Its a 97 pcm, I have the code taken care of now though.
                        1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

I've got a 96
                          96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X