Ltft & stft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltft & stft

Okay so I am assuming that is is not okay for my LTFT and my STFT to be like -9. Anyone know why this is happening? Also have a very lean warm startup any ideas?
    Last edited by Watazz; 03-16-2011, 01:42 AM.

Re: Ltft & stft

from a few things Ive read its okay as long as my AFR is cool under WOT. But I still have a startup AFR problem and I still continue to run either full lean or full rich under cruise. I will replace the header gaskets soon to rule that out as I seem to have an exhaust "flutter".

Comment

When's the last time you tuned your LTFT's and STFT's? I'm definitely no expert (starting to get my feet wet), but -9 doesn't seem that bad. After you're tuned, you want them to be between -4 and 0 I believe.

For some reason, I was thinking negative numbers were rich and positives were lean. My incorrectness would explain the incredibly high positive numbers because I am running super rich... Thanks!

Comment

Anywhere between -4 and +4 is good for lifts, short term lifts I never mess with because once the long term lifts are good they ususally follow, but your correct -4 woulb be adding and +4 is the car running too lean. Thats how I usually have gone by. I have done my lifts by using the injector table getting the values as close together and then it will get your lifts closer to 0. Btw -9 isn't that bad.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

So I should try and get my injector numbers as close together as possible. Its just weird because that car isnt runing lean. Under WOT its perfect.

Comment

Whats your injector table look like?
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

scaled from 33 to 34

Comment

32.99937 33.15925 33.32069 33.45787 33.57883 33.67884 33.77945 33.85861 33.92044 33.96917 34.00026

I also changed the VE table around a bit. Im begining to think it did more harm than good. Saw -14 in LTFT today.

Comment

33.00 33.13 33.26 33.19 33.42 33.55 33.68 33.81 33.94 34.07 34.20

Yes , I would try it closer like above

Comment

gotcha. Ill try that steve. thanks

Comment

So I made my injector table a little closer together and my wideband doesnt seem to jump around as much, I also went back to the stock Main VE. Ive noticed that LTFT doesnt drop down until after WOT (-12_-18) under WOT LTFT is -6_-9 and STFT is 0.
                      Last edited by Watazz; 03-16-2011, 08:18 PM.

Comment

ALL trims are looking much better. I set all the injector values the same and reset the fuel trims. I rarely see them skew away from 0 under WOT and they dont drop down as much durring deceleration.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          4 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X