Torque android app.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque android app.

I was looking around on my phone earlier and found an app called Torque. Its an obd 2 engine management/scan tool. Has anyone used this app? You have to buy a bluetooth adapter to plug into the car, then it sends data to your phone. I don't want to buy an actual scan tool because I'm too cheap, and I have no need for HPT yet. But for $5 it might be worth a try.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Re: Torque android app.

Have you looked at the price of the Bluetooth converters? Their own site says the cheap ones don't work very reliably. I'm pretty sure you can get a regular obd2 scan tool for around what a decent obd2 to bluetooth converter costs.

http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters
    96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

I found a couple different ones for around $15. Plus I was reading all the reviews on it and people were having good luck with the ebay adapters. Only bad reviews ive read were about vehicle logging, so the app dosnt remember your vehicle each time you play with the app. I tried looking that page up earlier, but it had no writing on it. That scantool connecter is pretty pricy.
      Last edited by espey_16; 03-15-2011, 01:11 PM.
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro
      L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

I might go for it soon... I saw it and it caught my attention. I'll let you know what I find.

Comment

The app says one of the best bluetooths is the ELM327, I found one for $12. Although the compatiblity list dosnt have any GM vehicles on it, but the device says it supports all obd2 products right on it.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Just bought the App, and have an ELM 327 from eBay on its way. Ill let everyone know how it works.

Comment

I'll be awaiting your update - might have grab one of those interfaces.
              96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

I have heard of a couple guys running the android app with success. Seems to be working
                http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

The app itself looks awesome! Very user freindly, and it has ALOT of features; so far im very impressed. Im looking forward to seeing how it works with the bluetooth ELM327

Comment

I have one of the cheap eBay interfaces. It works OK. Cuts out sometimes. I'm running the free version of torque, I don't know if that has any effect on performance.
                    I've tried it on by buddy's F250 diesel (reads turbo boost accurately)and my 4.3 vortec. Its pretty cool. With a good interface, it would replace most gauges. Would be nice to add AFR gauge to make it complete.

Comment

Hopefully the eBay interface works well. Im not planning on using it too much, just once in a blue moon to get some numbers and to scan codes when they pop up.

I think the paid version has the AFR gauge... and for $5 you cant beat it (assuming everything is accurate)

Comment

Here is the thread about one of the 5th gen v6 guys trying it out and what he noticed, although the 4th gens might be a tad different as to what is unlocked.

http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=472
                        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X