Got 3 SES codes today :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 3 SES codes today :(

Ok soo like the title says...Today i drove my '94 camaro for a good while today..not doing anything crazy..was all local traveling..soo before i was going home i decided to go to the car wash..and everything before that the car was working perfect...

Now when the guy drives the car out the car wash there was no place to really park it at so he parks it on a slope (like you know when your driving up a driveway) but he parked it downhill direction but in reverse!!...im far away and when he parks i saw the reverse lights on and he got out..but the car didnt go anywhere...so i went over and told him...and i put it back in park...i have a auto btw...

While im waiting on the car now i here the idle tone in the car change...it went higher..i looked in the window and glanced at the tach i saw the revs @ 1500...Now the car was done and when im about to leave..i put the car in drive it jerked forward and sounded like it was about to stall out but i gave it gas and it was fine..revs was still high though...drove the car home and messed around with the gears and it seems when i go into drive only it tries to jerk forward..im guessing it does that cuz the idle is high?..but in drive its fine...so i scanned the codes and got: TPS sensor high voltage
    A/C Pressure sensor low voltage
    Torque Converter Slipping
    The tps i changed with an auto zone one in November...I erased all the codes and left the car running to see if it goes aways and drove it up and down and the only one that did go away was the Torque converter slipping code...s0o why do you guys think this happened out of the blue?? what should i look for to repair these problems?..and with the tps should i just buy a new one again??..i looked around to see if anything was disconnected and didn't find anything..

Re: Got 3 SES codes today :(

ok well i found the problem...i checked to see if i was getting voltage at the tps and made sure i didnt have a short and everything was well..soo i just ended buying another sh!ty tps from auto zone to see if the last one failed...swapped it in and what did ya know..that was the problem..car idled smoothly...and no more ses light!...its funny how the tps sensor made 3 codes come on isnt it...

well guys you can delete this thread if needed!

Comment

Originally posted by darkflare999 View Post
      ok well i found the problem...i checked to see if i was getting voltage at the tps and made sure i didnt have a short and everything was well..soo i just ended buying another sh!ty tps from auto zone to see if the last one failed...swapped it in and what did ya know..that was the problem..car idled smoothly...and no more ses light!...its funny how the tps sensor made 3 codes come on isnt it...

well guys you can delete this thread if needed!
      Those codes are seperate issues. I wouldn't blame the bad TPS for setting them off.

Comment

Originally posted by FACTORYFREAK View Post
        Those codes are seperate issues. I wouldn't blame the bad TPS for setting them off.
        Well guess what...soon as i changed the new tps light went off...scanned for codes again and......nothing! everything went away

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X