High Idling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Idling

Ran the car today and was taking it easy since I just installed a new clutch. Drove the car for about a mile and was getting ready to make a U turn but the engine idle speed was way to high. The car was idling at around ~2300Rpms I checked it with the scanner and noticed that my O2 sensors where reading at around 800mV to 900mV and my afr was around ~13.4 don't know what can cause this can anyone help me out.

Re: High Idling

Might try cleaning your IAC valve and see if anything changes.

Comment

Alright I'll try that. I had cleaned it a while ago but I'll clean it again

Comment

IAT or MAF would be my guess, clean both.

Comment

Well I think my tune is messing up the idling. I didn't even get Long term fuel trims or Short term fuel trims so I went back to stock but it still idles around 1000 to 1100 now I think it's just the timing that I need to correct at idle I cleaned my Maf and my IAT

Comment

Where did you get the tune done? was it a mail-away?

Comment

no I have hptuners. I reverted back to the stock tune and then started working on that. I did notice why the car started idling high my turbo set up is about 8inches away from my throttle body and the heat would rise and make the IAT have really high degrees so the pcm would assume something was wrong and tried to compensate by accelerating the engine and have a high idle.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X