Cruise Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control

I'm trying to install cruise control in my 1997 Camaro (it has a 98 LS1 in it). After reading the awesome thread about installing "GM cruise control on your cable driven throttle body" I know that the 98 PCM does not send a signal to the Cruise Control Module (CCM), so I can't use a CCM from any of the V6 Camaros. I now have a CCM from a 93 LT1.

Problem is, it's not working... I've checked the wiring at the CCM and it seems to be getting the appropriate signals (CRUISE ON, ACCEL, etc...) when it's supposed to. The way that I wired it up is listed below if there are any questions about it.

A 12V when Cruise Slider switch is set to ON
    B 12V when "SET COAST" is depressed
    C 12V when RESUME/ACCEL slider switch is used
    D Normally 12V from brake switch (0V when brake is depressed)
    E Ground

F Spliced into the A/C Cruise fuse in the underhood electrical center
    G Normally 0V from brake input (12V when brake is depressed)
    H "Cruise Inhibit from PCM" Was not used
    J "Cruise engaged status to PCM" Was not used
    K Spliced into the circuit containing the VSS signal from the PCM to Gauge Cluster

I read that the VSS signal from the PCM is supposed to be a high of 4-5v, and a low of near ground. I get a high of around 5.35v; could this be an issue?? Thank you for any help/suggestions, b/c it's starting to really irk me...:mad:

Re: Cruise Control

I found the problem. The electromagnet inside the module was super corroded and the cruise control cable covering was all jacked up and had the cruise control cable kinked. So after un-kinking it and cleaning up the electromagnet it worked :)

*so lame, responding to my own post, lol:banana:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X