Odd SES Light after spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd SES Light after spin

This is more to satisfy my curiosity than anything, but the other day I overstretched my limits and spun my 'bird on a patch of black ice. Fortunately I managed to not dump it into a ditch or hit anything, though I did take a massive pothole that shook the whole car pretty badly. Few miles down the road, the SES light comes on. I took it to a local oil change shop that reads and clears codes as a courtesy. The teenager they sent out with the scanner said that my car wasn't throwing any codes at all. I had him turn off the light, and it hasn't come back.

Is it possible to get a SES without a code? What might have happened?

Re: Odd SES Light after spin

yes, you can get an ses light with no code.. it could be so many things that could have happened like a wheel speed sensor getting messed up while you smashed the pothole

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
      yes, you can get an ses light with no code.. it could be so many things that could have happened like a wheel speed sensor getting messed up while you smashed the pothole
      And in that event the ABS light would have come on not the SES.

There was most likely a code and there code reader wouldn't read it. I have found that my Snap On and HP tuners scanners picks up codes that the junk Advance and Autozone use to scan don't. If it doesn't come back I wouldn't worry about it.
      sigpic

Comment

Or it could've been completely unrelated... always possible.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
          And in that event the ABS light would have come on not the SES.
          i was giving an example of something that could have happened, not telling him what is wrong with his car.

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
            i was giving an example of something that could have happened, not telling him what is wrong with his car.

And a problem with a wheel sensor could not have made the SES light come on.
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X