P1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1200

Well, I did a case learn, and hoping it worked....I finally threw a code p1200 injector control circuit....I gotta look at it when I get back home...ideas of what might be causing this?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: P1200

most common hits for that code usually are injector wiring or the PCM. Check the wiring for each injector for any damage

* Fuel injector control circuit is open or shorted to ground
    * Fuel injector Ignition circuit is open (check the PCM fuse in U/H fuse block)
    * Fuel injector has failed
    * PCM has failed

Those are some things identifix brings up for the code
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

well...so far I found one of the injector connectors had come loose...fixed that, cleared the code and it hasnt comeback....BUT I never got that code to begin with until I got on the highway...so thats not to say that I have fixed the problem because the car isnt acting any different...I'm not getting any useful codes right now...the exhaust is still sputtering and the car is running rough and poping under acceleration....I'm out of ideas. the odd time I get a bad smell can't really describe it...smells kinda like fuel, but not really like raw fuel...

Im going to be pulling the plugs to look at them when the car cools back down...but the plugs are only like 2 months old...

Comment

Do the case learn again now that all the injectors are plugged in.
        sigpic

Comment

im going to tommorrow....shes running properly now...turns out it needed new plugs as well (don't ask why, they looked perfectly fine) the plug on that one cylinder that wasnt fireing was a little blackish, but nothing crazy...I've changed out wayyyy worse in my car with no misfire...the gap was correct to. No idea why these plugs were no good, but I replaced em with some copper champions and the car runs like its brand new...feels alot tighter than I am used to/remember

Comment

sweet, hopefully you found the issue(s) then. :)
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X