Tuning help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning help!!!!

So i bought Lucas 42.5 lbs injectors and i got them in and i bought the connector adapters and i got those put on so everything there is good. I tuned it and when i started it, it still ran like crap. It idles really rough, it pops and backfires and the afr is so high that it doesnt even read on my wideband. And when i tuned it, i changed all the numbers in the flow rate vs. KPA chart to 42.5 but it didnt work. What else do i need to do?

Re: Tuning help!!!!

I would just go to the dealer....injectors are not carborators....bite the bullet and
    give them the problem....pay the man.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarbor View Post
      I would just go to the dealer....injectors are not carborators....bite the bullet and
      give them the problem....pay the man.

You have no idea what he is talking about. He has put larger injectors in his motor. The only thing the dealer would do is sell him stock injectors and flash his PCM back to stock. Not what he wants.

Answering the OP question, Have you tried tuning the MAF table to the new injectors?
      sigpic

Comment

yup, unless you start maf calibrating your afrs are going to be wayyy high. We're gunna assume the reason why you put 42lb injectors on is because you have a major power adder...probably a turbo...if you havent told the car there is alot more air coming into the engine, along with the fact that you have bigger injectors, you car doesnt know what to do...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

If you don't have a wideband your not going to be able to tune your injectors, I have 65lB injectors on right now and just running my cam until my turbo gets installed. Like said why did you go with 42lb injectors , they cost the same as 65LB injectors if you got them new? What mods do you have I might be able to set you up with a table that will not blow up your car. Also what are your PE tables looking like? It took me 2-3 runs to get my 65lb injectors tuned in , so I'm pretty good at tunning them, since 2002.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

My bad guys. I thought something was really wrong but i was just an idiot and had two spark plug wires crossed and thats what was causing it all.

Comment

You still need to get the A/F right with a wideband , fuel trims and then your timing tables so theres no KR.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

He seems to be tuning with wideband, he says he has one installed in his original post.
                sigpic

Comment

If hes using a wideband then all he needs to do is scale the injectors so his LT's are good and his idle is close to 14.7 then use PE to tune it for part throttle and WOT. My 65(60LB ) injectors are scaled frrom 56.00 to 57.00 then used PE to do the rest. So his 42.5 might be 40.00 to 41.00. I wouldn't just put 42.00 across the board it will be alot harder to tune.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 10-18-2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I also installed lucas 42.5lb injectors, I've been running them daily with little to no problems even though I cannot properly tune the car due to exhaust leaks.. But otherwise, as for the injector table, my table is like 42.10 straight across the board. Then I tuned the maf from there. My car is a little rich from the exhaust leaks, mainly my headers being pieces of ****. But other than that it's been running great.

P.S. You shouldn't tune with injectors. Injectors should be a set table. Tune with your MAF. It is harder but for a reason.
                    Last edited by Blizzard242; 10-19-2010, 08:21 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X