Best OBDII Code Reader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best OBDII Code Reader?

Looking to invest in one.. just looking for a referred one rather then being random and getting a sh!tty one.. links or testimonials appreciated.
    thanks.
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Re: Best OBDII Code Reader?

If you just need to scan codes, the best scanner is the cheapest one at the auto parts store. You can also try ebay, but some of the direct Chinese stuff is iffy. The more expensive scanners show you descriptions of the codes and some have multiple languages. You could also get a GM Tech 2 scanner for freeze frames and diagnostic tests and such.

I use a cheapo scanner from the local auto parts store. It shows me the current and previous codes and the readiness status. It also lets me clear out the codes. I can just look the code up online. So if you don't mind not having it show descriptions and looking stuff up online I'd go cheap. Plus you start to memorize the codes eventually any way.
    sigpic

Comment

Alright i would most likely just get a cheap one from an autostore.

Comment

I got mine from haborfrieght for $30 , just alittle plug in that will show the codes 3 times and then erase them, not bad for the money. They sell them on ebay all the time also.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          I got mine from haborfrieght for $30 , just alittle plug in that will show the codes 3 times and then erase them, not bad for the money. They sell them on ebay all the time also.
          That doesn't sound too bad either and cheaper than a low end model from the auto store. The only drawback is not being able to freely browse the codes and not being able to choose to clear em and see readiness status. But if you just want to read and clear codes that sounds perfect.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OneEightSeven View Post
            That doesn't sound too bad either and cheaper than a low end model from the auto store. The only drawback is not being able to freely browse the codes and not being able to choose to clear em and see readiness status. But if you just want to read and clear codes that sounds perfect.
            Yep, it works great for just keeping it in the car , other than that Hptuners would be perfect, or a Areoforce scanner gauge works great for about $230 and will pull up codes and misfires has alot of functions , I still haven't used all of the functions yet on mine after about a year and a half now.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

http://www.obdcom.com/index.htm

Worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by Atrum Rosa View Post
                If you have a good laptop , yes good for a scanner and clearing codes.

Comment

if you want the best one, i would look into what snapon has

Comment

I think the best would be HPtuners, that way he could tune and scan.

Comment

got one for 60$ and tells me the codes and etc just @ local place

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X