Need some help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help please!

Ok my car is a 1996 camaro with intake,full exhaust etc...First i got a code saying Bank 2 sensor 1 was not switching fast enough so i bought another 02 and swapped it in,then the car started running pretty lean,like 16.4 at idle,even when you gave it gas it ran kinda lean,(btw the new 02 is bosch) i then swapped the bank 1 sensor 1 to the other manifold since that sensor seemed fine, and put the bosch in the bank 1 spot(they are the same sensors right?) and now im getting a code for bank 1 sensor 1 saying it's ckt slow response(PO133) So are both driver and passenger sensors the same? and can the new sensor be defective? thanks alot guys.

Re: Need some help please!

its possible its happend to me b4 and yea the manifold o2s are the same

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
      its possible its happend to me b4 and yea the manifold o2s are the same
      cool thanks

Comment

if that doest fix it just chime in again lol

Comment

definitely,im off to bed,ill update in the morning

Comment

ok,i just bought another sensor(NGK)looks kinda smaller than the bosch but it's a direct fit,i start the car up and let it idle and warm up to normal temp 160 to 170(160 thermostat)and at idle it is a bit lean as before like it idles at 15.4 to 15.9 so about 15.5 average,i havent gotten a code yet,and crusing it is between 14.9 and 15.2 is that ok? also when you give it gradual throttle it barely moves to the rich side it kinda stays the same,but on WOT it goes to 11.9 to 12.3 is this OK? i think i may have a little exhaust leak due to the headers so thats probably why im a bit lean,any suggestions?

Comment

Ruuning N/A and A/F of 11.9 to 12.3 is very rich , even heads and cam guys should only be running 12.5 + or - a few. N/A around 13.0 or 12.8 would be the richest. I hope this is with a wideband and not a narrow band that attaches to 1 wire to the O2. If your talking about fuel trims then there suppose to be at -4 to +4 but 0 is the best at WOT. I would install a 97' PCM and tune it with Hptuners.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X