OBD 1.5 in '95 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD 1.5 in '95 3.4

I just recently got my '95 3.4 Firebird back on the road after replacing head gaskets, and the last few days I have had a strange issue where the SES light will come on and stay on until I shut the car down, and then when I go drive again later it will be off and won't come back on for another few hours or even days.

Anyway, it came on today and I tried to scan it with an OBD2 scanner, which obviously didn't work but it was worth a try. Anyway, is there any way to do the paperclip trick on these cars to pull codes like on earlier cars?

If not, is there an affordable scanner that will pull codes from OBD1.5? I would like to buy a scanner that will do OBD1, OBD2, and OBD1.5 because the scanners we have at AutoZone only do OBD2 and I work on a lot of older cars that throw codes.

Re: OBD 1.5 in '95 3.4

all you need is a OBD1 scanner and a OBD2 cable to hook to it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Re: OBD 1.5 in '95 3.4

Glad I found this post. Just got a 94 the other day. Luckily it's a 12 pin. Advance told me they couldn't scan anything older than a 96.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X