wacky AFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wacky AFR

My wideband says what it should under boost ad idle. However if im doing lets say 50mph with the cruise on the afr either goes full lean or full rich. Any ideas?

Re: wacky AFR

Send me your tune again.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I had a similar issue with my car, while cruising it would go way rich or way lean until I played with the throttle. Everytime I held it steady cruising it would do this. I had two tuners look at it and they both were stumped and never seen anything like it. I ended up disabling closed loop and just run open loop as I have my tables spot on so there is no issues
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

mine does the the same thing. it just randomly maxes out lean sometimes, usually when i let off the gas to stop i dont know why either

Comment

I think it going full lean while stopping is normal. I send you that tune as soon as I can Steve. Maybe you can work your magic.

Comment

ooo ok coo thanks.l yea that used to scare the crap out of me whenever that would happen lol.

Comment

Let me know how it runs, I think it was a overlook when I sent the file back the first time which I corrected in the PE table Hot vs TPS. The first cell was 0 so I think that was throwing it off. If not I can try some other things, just want to make sure its not that. I never could get my cruise control to work after I swapped PCMS so your lucky to have cruise control. LOL When stopping with a auto you should be still at 14.7 or so , I think with a manual it will go lean. I think when you let off while crusing it goes lean on the screen.
              Last edited by ssms5411; 07-27-2010, 02:45 AM.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                Let me know how it runs, I think it was a overlook when I sent the file back the first time which I corrected in the PE table Hot vs TPS. The first cell was 0 so I think that was throwing it off. If not I can try some other things, just want to make sure its not that. I never could get my cruise control to work after I swapped PCMS so your lucky to have cruise control. LOL When stopping with a auto you should be still at 14.7 or so , I think with a manual it will go lean. I think when you let off while crusing it goes lean on the screen.

No, the fuel cuts off on decell with an auto. You will see a wideband O2 go full lean when slowing. The PCM cuts fuel so you don't get " backfires" in the exhaust.
                sigpic

Comment

It seems to be fine now Steve. AFR is ok, but if it still continues ill get back to you. Thanks bud, you da man.

Comment

ahhhh NVM. Steve its still doing it. But its random. Like i started the car and drove it to the store it was fine. Got out of the car, started it and it was doing the wacky afr thing again. Let me know if you need me to send you the tune again. Cause I dont know WTF is going on haha.

Comment

Check for exhaust leaks. They torment you when tuning.. Trust me.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

thats actually probably it. I think the BOV might be leaking at high cruising speeds. and im almost positive i have exhaust leaks. But if im not in the gas and i have no kr in my scans i should be ok still and not have anything to worry about right?

Comment

steve shoot me an email

Comment

It might be about 5 days , I'm using a friends computer, my laptop is having trouble getting online. I'm buying a Desk top and should be here next week, I hope.

Comment

so I beleive I have found the solution to this problem. It might differ depending on what injectors you are using. All I did was set the injector values the same 36.10 instead of scaling them. I have yet to see the issue arrise again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X