wideband harness ok to splice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wideband harness ok to splice?

So I picked up an AEM UEGO kit from a local distributor today. The cable seems a bit short. I dont think it will go through my passenger side grommet and reach my drivers side gauge pod. I was going to go back to the distributor and get a replacement cable and splice the two together. Is this acceptable or will it make the readings inaccurate?
    sigpic

Re: wideband harness ok to splice?

Make sure it's too short before you go cutting things up. Or find a different route for it. I'd explore all options before hacking things up. This is coming from a guy with a lot of experience of leaping before looking.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

It was too short for me :-(. I ended up making it longer. I just couldnt find a better way to run it cleanly, away from everything hot and out of sight :). The gauge seems to work normally, so maybe it's not a big deal.
      sigpic

Comment

My PLX harness was actully too long, but theres always shorter ways to route it , like if going before the CAT then just go though the back passenger seat rubber plug and it will cut the routing in half. They are pretty touchy so like said try it first before hacking it up. Good luck.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Hmm I didn't realize there was a plug behind the passenger seat. I may get a replacement cable and see if it runs through. Local shop sells em so it's real easy. The setup I have now works, but I'd feel more comfortable with a non-spliced clean setup.
          sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X