Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning

Ok guys I would like to know how I can tune my camaro for optimum performance after installing a cam, headers, exhaust and intake. I was going for a turbo but opted out since if it screws up my butt is going to be handed to me. Just want to say thanks to blizzard and this site for the help though :)
    Also, would getting a PCM tuned from pcmforless.com help in any way after the installs?

Re: Tuning

not if going with a cam no...hp tuners or standalone...if what you said above is all you plan on doing, hp tuners is fine...if you want to eventually go extreme, invest in a standalone now.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

what year camaro and is it Auto or manual?

Comment

Originally posted by Chueybaca View Post
        Ok guys I would like to know how I can tune my camaro for optimum performance after installing a cam, headers, exhaust and intake. I was going for a turbo but opted out since if it screws up my butt is going to be handed to me. Just want to say thanks to blizzard and this site for the help though :)
        Also, would getting a PCM tuned from pcmforless.com help in any way after the installs?
        Haha, did that long list of things turn you off to it? I don't blame you though, I bought a whole other car just so I could turbo it and be able to get to work in case it ever dies. And I wanted a black one anyways.

But yeah, I would never do pcmforless. Every car is different. Even stock. I talked to someone at the track that claimed he ran high 14's on a stock setup. That was never confirmed but he didn't have any reason to lie since he had other faster cars he really raced in. He had a new GTO that night. Anyways, there's no real way to accurately tune a car unless it's a hands on situation.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

if a 3.8 and you are done modding after this, just get a dyno tune. If you are going to dive into modding it more later then invest in hptuners
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

It is a 2000 and it's automatic. As for blizzard, I knew it would take a lot to make the turbo setup and I am still looking to it in the near future, just not now. It is my daily driver and I can't afford a bad tune and blown engine :) I think I am going with hptuners.

(On the other post about my blown gasket) : going to continue working on it tomorrow with my dad, hopefully see the damage... Cracked head or not

Everyone tells me to junk my camaro and I know I should, It's a weird feeling. I think I am in love with it. Is that normal?:P

Comment

EVERYONE who sees my Camaro in it's current state tells me to junk it... but they don't have my vision... lol

as for being in love with it... umm just make sure that you don't let it get physical... lol
              Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
              Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

hey there's nothing wrong with loving your car. my bird is my first car and the only thing i love more than it is my fiance.

Comment

its NOT wrong to love a car...my '71 chevy has been with me thru an xwife & numerous xgirlfriends...& now shes sharing me with a camaro...& doesnt complain about me spreading my affections(read; money & wrench time) one little bit-lol! ...good luck with the car dude

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    3 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X