intermittent wideband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intermittent wideband

So for the past 2 days my wideband has all of a sudden gone wacky on me. It seems to be reading between 10-12 afr all of a sudden, while the narrow bands seem to stay up at 700-800mv, which tells me I am not in the 10-12 afr range. Then all of a sudden the wideband will read fine again, then not, then fine, then not...what do you think can cause this? It is an AEM UEGO wideband that is not even 2 months old...Please don't tell me I just puked out another wideband...I just finished eatting 2 LC1's prior to this AEM...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: intermittent wideband

If it is bad just go with a PLX, I have had mine for about 9 years with no problems, knock on wood.LOL
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

AEM was supposed to be good...I don't want to go through yet another wideband...in less then 2 years I will almost have bought enough widebands for individual cylinder tuning, but still not of been able to do it...

Comment

PLX all the way, I'm still on the same wideband sensor also , so I have got my moneys worth out of my wideband, plus Hptuners has the PID for it and it is easy to get it right on the money.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

im wondering if the fact that I am burning oil is killing the sensors on me...

Comment

If you burning oil or running too rich your sensors are going to be shot.

Comment

there isn't really a way for me to stop burning oil though...am I just totally screwed then? my narrowbands are stock with 240,000 km on them and they are still fine?

Comment

The best thing you can do is mount it as vertically as possible. Just so junk doesn't sit around in the sensor. Have you tried installing it temporarily into the headers?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                  The best thing you can do is mount it as vertically as possible. Just so junk doesn't sit around in the sensor. Have you tried installing it temporarily into the headers?
                  no, I got it in the stock location just before the cat...maybe I'll try a different spot, or I was thinking of adding an extension...

Comment

You mean one of those heat sink deals? I need to look into something like that for myself.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                      You mean one of those heat sink deals? I need to look into something like that for myself.
                      ya, they usually use them for turbo cars I think...but killing widebands is getting very expensive...

Comment

Q: How do I make a heat sink?

A: Take a 4-5” square piece of copper (optimal) or aluminum, and punch/drill a hole just big enough to fit over the threads of the O2 sensor. Bend it so that there are two “wings on either side of the sensor. Mount the heat fin between the sensor and the sensor washer. We recommend 0.0647" thickness 4" x 4". (Or you can buy the Innovate HBX-1).

Or the actual Innovative HBX-1 looks nice.. But expensive.
                        http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...8&cat=0&page=1

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Copper should work great, I could see if you were runnning a turbo to do it, but N/A just put a spark plug heat cover on it and be done. I would also make sure you CAT isn't clogged and causing your wideband to heat up too much and making it burn out, I don't run a CAT so I haven't had any problems like that. Or go with a PLX.:D

Comment

cats brand new...that copper thing is ridiculously expensive...its basically just a copper washer...take a couple pennies and drill holes through em ...holy sh*t

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                              cats brand new...that copper thing is ridiculously expensive...its basically just a copper washer...take a couple pennies and drill holes through em ...holy sh*t
                              Only if pennies were huge.. btw steve, I know what you're thinking. No.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                5 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X