P0300 at high RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0300 at high RPM

I have a 99 Firebird Automatic that is lightly modded. When I floor it, around 6000 RPM my SES light comes on. When I scan it the code is P0300 random miss fire. I've changed spark plugs, wires, and coils. Are there any other likely possible parts that could be causing me to throw this code? Why am i only throwing it at high RPM's?

P.S. I did search first and went through the first 4 pages of results but I don’t really have the time to go time to go through all 100+ results. If this has been discussed before please let me know so I can go read them and I don’t waste more of your time than necessary.

Re: P0300 at high RPM

Try doing a case Relearn.
    Last edited by bigbrian442; 03-23-2010, 11:17 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

why dont you list your mods so we can let you know where to start from.

Comment

and you do know 5500 is at the verge of redline..... How much past 6000 are you reving this???

Comment

A bad injector could cause a misfire if it is starting to go out plus the high rpms a little fuel flow if the injector is going out. Mine did this for about a year before with the PO300 code before I found out it was a injector. I wish it would of thrown a cyl. or injector code but it didn't.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

My car shifts from 1st to 2nd right around 6000 rpm, which is when the light comes on.

Mods: Performance cat & cat back, intake silencer!, Wisper lid, K&N air filter, MSD 8.5 wires, MSD coils, Tuned PCM.

Comment

Originally posted by heresjimmydean View Post
              My car shifts from 1st to 2nd right around 6000 rpm, which is when the light comes on.

Mods: Tuned PCM.
              I think bigbrian may have pointed out your problem. Was that a mail order tune, or did someone tune your pcm? Did you perform a case relearn after the pcm work was done.

Comment

Mail order, and no. long story short, i was told that it wouldn't do anything if i had a case relearn done. After doing my research on case relearns, im gonna go do that. thanks a ton. if this doesn't fix it, i'll let you guys know.

Comment

Stock shift points are 1-2 5700 and 2-3 5500. I can see the mail order tunes moving these up a bit.
                  sigpic

Comment

plug gaps wrong?

Comment

Clean your MAF, maybe a new fuel filter. Just small stuff, but you never know.

Was it a PCMforLess tune? Never really heard anyone having problems with them.

Comment

^^ i had an awful experiance with pcm4less, but thats a story for another day lol.

i would also check out the icm(what the coils mount too). some auto stores have a tester that will check it out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          5 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X