Tossing some codes and was looking for clearification if possilbe - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tossing some codes and was looking for clearification if possilbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tossing some codes and was looking for clearification if possilbe

Well my brother and I have been tearing into my firebird getting her all ready for next winter and pulled 3 codes from her (Its been awhile since I've done maintanence to be honost)

I'm tossing out P0147 H02S (Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 3), P1651, and P1652. Now i've been searching through the stickies and have been confused to what codes P1651 and P1652 actually are. These are what I've come up with.

DTC P1561 Cruise Vent Solenoid
    DTC P1562 Cruise Vacuum Solenoid
    P1652 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) output circuit
    DTC 1651 Fan 1 Relay Control Circuit
    DTC 1652 Fan 2 Relay Control Circuit

P1561 has been thrown for the last 2 years and I've been running her daily since with no issues. Auto zone told me it was Fan 1 Relay Control Circuit so it leads me to believe P1652 is Fan 2 Relay Control Circuit. But going through the stickies, again, I've come up with those other two (P1652 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) output circuit, DTC P1562 Cruise Vacuum Solenoid) So I'm hoping to get some verification if possible.

If any of you are sure to what these codes are just lemme know and if possible, tell me what the solution to this is if its a sensor replacement or a burnt wire or a bad fuse. I'm going to start buying parts for this car next month and get her back in to good working order for her 5th straight Maine winter. :rock:

Thank you everyone for looking, helping, critizing, or just plan flaming me! I appreciate all input either way!!
    Last edited by Finkledbody; 03-21-2010, 03:46 PM. Reason: Spelt some stuff wrong.

Re: Tossing some codes and was looking for clearification if possilbe

P1651....Powertrain control module fault (quad driver 2), or cooling fan relay 1

P1652....Cooling fan relay 2, or suspension control module (Cadillac only)

i would have to say it is the fans

get in your car and turn the ac on, if the fan doesnt come on, you know the codes are the fans. You can also try the cruise and see if it works, if it does, then most likely thats not the code

Comment

That you cam98aro for you response. I'm definitly guessing its the fan relay switch 1 and 2. My cruise control still works, heat, and ac but I wasn't able to take the time to listen in if the fans turned on or not. So when i wake up I'll take a look/listen for that. If it does turn out to be my fan relay 1 and 2, what do I need to fix or replace to make these codes go away? I read through all the previous topics on these codes and no one seemed to give up the answer.

Any help is still appreciated good or bad.

Comment

Neither of my fans turn on when I use heat or ac. But I still get ice cold air and blazing heat. I've checked all my fuses and none of them seem to be blown.

If I replace the fan unit, do you think this would fix my problem?

Comment

If your fuses are good esp. the ones under the hood then I would switch relays from something else to see if it is a relay , then you'll know if it is a fan motor or not. Also check the connections and look for any wiring problems.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            5 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X