Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Cut off Switch/ Car Security

Hey everyone,
    I have a 98' Firebird with a 3800 V6. I am trying to figure out some sort of effective/cheap way to make sure my car doesn't get stolen. I have been reading up on the most effective ways and I read about a hidden fuel cut-off switch. However, I am having trouble finding anything anywhere about any for 4th generation firebirds... If anyone has any suggestions about car security options or where I can find info about fuel cut-off I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    -PBendel

Re: Fuel Cut off Switch/ Car Security

do you not trust the VATS (chip in key)?

if you dont, you can always wire in a switch in the vats wires as an extra percaution, im pretty sure the vats cuts fuel and the starter

Comment

I just thought of this... What about installing pneumatic jacks on your car like what the indy cars have and using them as a theft deterrent... lol

otherwise... what he ^ said
      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Or wire in a relay to the cigarette lighter to when its pressed in the car will have power back to the starter. Old trick but still works just take the cig. lighter with you so unless they find your relay setup then you'll be fine.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X