where to get a walbro 255?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get a walbro 255?

i was given one by a friend but its the wrong style, i checked summit and jegs and cant find one, were are yall getting your walbros from?

Re: where to get a walbro 255?

i think you can get one from gvperformance.com

Travis aka 97rs4life owns that site and i think he hooked me up with one a while back.

Comment

If your looking for 600HP you'll need 2 of them and a Y, and then need to run a bigger fuel line to the engine and return line.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Buy the one for the v8, the racetronix pump is a direct fit i think. But everyone seems to be getting rid of the bucket and just attaching it to the arm. Probably the easier and cheapest way to go.

Comment

97RS4life will have them.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Watazz View Post
            Buy the one for the v8, the racetronix pump is a direct fit i think. But everyone seems to be getting rid of the bucket and just attaching it to the arm. Probably the easier and cheapest way to go.
            Racetronix does make a direct fit, high-perforamnce pump for mod'ed V6es. I installed on in my car (seehttp://www.camarohomepage.com/project/part4.htm) several years ago and it's worked flawlessly and provides the fuel flow I need for 320hp.

Comment

Originally posted by Watazz View Post
              I got mine from Texas Speed. John will hook you up.

I kept my bucket. I wanted to get rid of it, because the hole is tiny, but it needs pass emission.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I bought both of my high flow Walbro 255's off of Ebay back about 8 years for the one in the car and 4 years for the spare about $110 shipped, ditched the bucket and its been good ever sincefor over 8 years. I thought the pump failed once so I ordered another one , to later find out the hose had come loose on the pump. LOL

Comment

I picked mine up new on ebay for $69 with all the necessities, haven't had any problems with it. If you're not familiar with after market pumps, the walbro 255 is loud.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    I thought the pump failed once so I ordered another one , to later find out the hose had come loose on the pump. LOL
                    x2

Mine was vaguely loose so it was an intermittent problem that was a pain in the *** to solve. Till I decided to get another one and replace it, and in doing so I found the hose was also loose on my pump. So now I also have a spare. Make sure to clamp that sucker on there good when you install it.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Don't mean to thread jack but has anybody used the racetronix kit?

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html

I was considering this kit but was not sure it was 100% percent compatible.
                      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Yeah, that's the second one I bought. I bought the 98 kit though. Works great and you don't have to deal with the bucket. I also bought the wiring harness trying to solve my problem before I actually got the pump. Both are good products.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by mrhobbz View Post
                          I picked mine up new on ebay for $69 with all the necessities, haven't had any problems with it. If you're not familiar with after market pumps, the walbro 255 is loud.
                          I never had any problems with my Walbro being loud, but the whole car is wraped in Dead mat , along with the cover for the fuel pump access door. But the priming is the same as stock. Just the fuel pressure is up more at idle, I got the Walbro High flow one and glad I did since it will flow more up top esp. with a extra 1.2 volts going to it at WOT. So if your going FI the Walbro high flow is the better pump to go with along with a volt booster at WOT so the pressure doesn't fall off. They have comparison charts on stock vs. walbro 255 vs. walbro 255 high flow pumps , the high flow is the best at WOT esp. running 14.2 + volts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X