quick question on the stock pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question on the stock pipe

hey I need a quick response from guys or girls on here that have replaced their exhaust on their own i guess.

After the cat (towards the muffler) there is a clamp. On my old 97 there is a flowmaster exhaust on there thats a little over a year old. well after looking at my 2000 and the 97, the clamp (right after the bend under a bump plate) are at the same spot.

My question is, this is holding the 2 pipes together? and if it is, how much of a PITA is it to split so I can swap these exhaust out?

Thanks guys... n girls..

Archer
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Re: quick question on the stock pipe

i am not 100% i paid to have mine done but i don't think it just comes apart.. and if it does have fun getting it apart lol

btw go with dynomax super turbo not a crapmaster 80 series.. i had it before my dynomax for about 12 miles lol and when i put the dynomax on so much more torque.. it was great..
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
      hey I need a quick response from guys or girls on here that have replaced their exhaust on their own i guess.

After the cat (towards the muffler) there is a clamp. On my old 97 there is a flowmaster exhaust on there thats a little over a year old. well after looking at my 2000 and the 97, the clamp (right after the bend under a bump plate) are at the same spot.

My question is, this is holding the 2 pipes together? and if it is, how much of a PITA is it to split so I can swap these exhaust out?

Thanks guys... n girls..

Archer
      is it a coupling? by dad and i just took a saws-all to to the coupling and cut it when we need(ed) to remove it

Comment

it looks like a 1-2 inch clamp... But I cant cut it, I need it..

Comment

eee.... :slap: hmmm, if i thnk of somthing ill get back to you, im sure there are more knowledgeable people than me on here

Comment

you can split it apart if you have the right tools or if it isn't that badly rusted should come apart with some force. the clamp i would suggest just to get another one. only a couple of dollars anyway.

Comment

that something I can get from autozone?

Thanks hotrod

Archer

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
                i am not 100% i paid to have mine done but i don't think it just comes apart.. and if it does have fun getting it apart lol

btw go with dynomax super turbo not a crapmaster 80 series.. i had it before my dynomax for about 12 miles lol and when i put the dynomax on so much more torque.. it was great..
                X2 on the Dynomax super turbo, Meatyshells finally got to here it on Friday compared to the Summit Turbo he heard on it before , I think he liked the Dynomax better. But His exhaust is crazy with the long tubes, sounds like a V8 at idle,crusing and WOT def. a nice setup. He also has alot of $ into it, so its all about how you set it up.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

so which Dynomax muffler is everybody using, 1in 1out or the cross flow style, and what part#

Comment

im just using the flowmaster for now.. But when I drop in the new motor. and pending on my cash flow.. lol I'll look into it. Just need to know if those two pipes come out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X