intake done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: intake done

Question here. I bought a K&N filter, and broke off the fins under the lid, and now I want to take off the silencer. I was fooling around to see how it came off and to see what size pipe I'll need to get. So Im thinking to myself, I dont want to break anything...so how the hell does this thing come off?

The two screw like things that go in those holes...do I need to just break those? lol
    2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

take off the air silencer????

I'm lost
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
        take off the air silencer????

I'm lost

yes, that is the big old black thing that you replace with a peice of piping right?
        2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRider
          yes, that is the big old black thing that you replace with a peice of piping right?
          yes but there isn't one in your pic... unless that's not your pic. You just pop those things out of the hole... Grab it with needle nose pliers. If you are replacing the air silencer then you don't need them.
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
            yes but there isn't one in your pic... unless that's not your pic. You just pop those things out of the hole... Grab it with needle nose pliers. If you are replacing the air silencer then you don't need them.

Yea thats not my picture. Ok I just didnt wanna break them or anything, but I guess Ill buy the pipe first before I take them off.
            THanks
            2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

I took the ribs out of my stock air box, now I need to remove the silencer box. How did you get the rubber boot to go from the oval shape on the stock air box to fit a round hose? Another dumb question- what dimater metal pipe and rubber hosing did you use?
              Thanks,
              Lynyrd

Comment

Originally posted by Lynyrd77
                I took the ribs out of my stock air box, now I need to remove the silencer box. How did you get the rubber boot to go from the oval shape on the stock air box to fit a round hose? Another dumb question- what dimater metal pipe and rubber hosing did you use?
                Thanks,
                Lynyrd
                use the stock oval one and connect it to a round piece.

Comment

Hey,
                  Thanks for the reply. After closer inspection of your pics, I see what you are talking about.
                  Lynyrd77

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X