How to fix EGR/header leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix EGR/header leak

After my pacesetter headers were on, the EGR connection to the header was constantly leaking (especially after I hit 80+ miles an hour. I tried Ultra copper a couple of times with no success. Finally I started looking around for something to clamp down the top portion (there is one bolt that secures it and it’s on the bottom, my leak always came out of the top). I went to our friend Home Depot and looked around and found a 2 inch circular clamp (the kind you would put on a circular hose to help hold it place). Any way here’s how I did it.

1. Remove the bolt holding the EGR tube to the header.
    2. Clean both connections.
    3. Take the 2 inch circular clamp and place it over the header (do not clamp it on yet just let it sit there for now)
    4. Take some ultra copper (or some other high temp liquid gasket maker) and put it on the connections (be sure not to get it inside)
    5. Connect the EGR tube and the header, then bolt it down in place.
    6. Put some more ultra copper on the top portion of the EGR/header connection right over the seam, where they come together.
    7. Now take your circular clamp and place the center portion of the clamp over the seam of the EGR/header connection.
    8. Screw the clamp into place and allow the ultra copper to cure.

I did not take pictures yet but If anyone needs some send me an email at patcon@fbcc.com and I’ll be happy to take some and send them to you. I ran the car this morning up to 90 and I did not get that annoying exhaust tick/leak.

[ May 18, 2004, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Linxs ]
    Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X