Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacesetter question:

Hey guys,
    I am about to spend my tax return on a new exhaust. It is completely stock right now with a single tailpipe. A friend of mine works at an exhaust shop and recommended going with 3" all the way from the Y pipe to the muffler, and dual 2.5" outlets - 3" high flow magnaflow cat and magna muffler, no tips, just stock-look kickdowns.

My question is about the Pacesetters that Summit has (Here's the link: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PSM-70-1209/ .) There seems to be conflicting info on the page: It says they have 3 bolt flanges, but the picture shows 2 bolt flanges. So does anyone have these headers? Are they 2 or 3 bolt? Also, it says they have 2.5" collectors, but it doesn't say what size the Y outlet is. Is it also 2.5"? Or is it a 3" outlet?
    I like the CIA headers, but they are more than twice as much after Y pipe and coating.

I have never been a real fan of headers, with their leaks and all. Is it worth putting them on? I have to take at least one of the manifolds off anyway. The front manifold bolt on #1 is broke off, so I want to fix it before it starts leaking (beleive it or not, it's not leaking at all, and it's been broken since I got the car in Aug '09.) My friend at the exhast shop thinks I would get somewhere around 8-12 hp out of the headers alone, and another 12-15 hp from the full 3" piping. Does that seem right? 20-27 hp just from a new exhaust? I don't plan on doing any track racing, just want to have an edge over the other 6 banger marobirds on the street (5th gen being the exception.) I do plan on doing a mild cam, in the near future.

What do you guys think?

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X