Need opinions..misfire+red plugs..icm - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinions..misfire+red plugs..icm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinions..misfire+red plugs..icm

okay I read that the red plugs should be from high octane boosters or fuel injector cleaner and I ran both so my mind is a little at ease, i was told that it was my orange engine coolant baking on...but i have a bad misfire on 3 and 6 and slight misfires on the rest. Immediatly i thought 3-6 coil so i switched it..still misfire.. then swaped it with 5-2..cyl 3 and 6 still misfire... hmmm then changed the plugs/noticed they were red...still 3 6 misfire...the wires were just changed maybe 5-10G miles ago, but seem to be arcing again(ill change them tomarrow)suggestions on a brand that wont burn right away?these will be my third set of accel in a year. My main question is how likely is your ICM to go out. I just replaced it the same time as the last wires,.. with one from a junkyard though. How likely is it that the intake gaskets a leaking? I heard this is a likely cause of misfire cyl 3? Can anyplace test an ICM? Is it likely an ICM will break on only one coil..I.E. the 3-6 coil? I also heard that 2 step cooler AC Delco's should be ran in 3.8s instead of NGK TR6s when spraying...based on GMs run worse on plugs other than the ACs like dodges run bad on brands other than champion.
    97 RS,3.73 LSD,Flowmaster,Shift Kit,Edge TC,HP Tuners,EWP,SLP CAI,160*,Touchscreen monitor,& Alpine Stereo(155.2dB)15.27 N/A 1.9X 60\'s and a magic switch.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X