Roll Bars (Autopower)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Bars (Autopower)

What other places have the Autopower roll bars? I'm thinking of going this route with the car -- a 4 or 6 pointer sometime soon ... likely the small Autopower 4-pointer with removable harness bar, that attaches to next to the rear seats, not like the wolfe bar which follows back into the hatch. Matter of $100, not of style. Anyway ... RKSport sells them, I/O Port sells them ... anywhere else (that's cheaper?). And is anyone going to convince me to not do it, do a wolfe, do a 6-pointer, do a weld-in (i'm thinking bolt-in for the cheaper price)? Or go through a local shop? (Kent Island Speed, etc.)
    It's all just for AutoX (and that RWD in the rain riiiiiiight bit). And a 4-point bar is not too much more expensive than a harness bar, and those don't do much other than hold you in place while the roof crushes in. Course, AFAIK, the Autopower bars aren't NHRA legal one bit, compared to the Wolfe (which the 6-pointer, with a few welds and non-removable brace, would be). Umm, not being legal is still safe, eh? Maybe the wolfe isn't that expensive after all ... lol ... Would there be a significant safety difference b/t the Wolfe 4-pointer and the Autopower one? Ah, hell, why not go 6-pointer ... I can't decide at all ... all these edits. One helluva "General Tech" rant. But by the time I go 6-point, swingout, etc., that's lots of bucks. No, I can't get a weld-in 6, because it's not AutoX legal (and some folks flat-out remove their bolt-in bars for AutoX b/c of weight savings ... ummmm...). Right, back to my focus ... I want a 4-pointer ...
    Post pics if you got 'em

And, oh yeah, this is supposed to be one way of "sidesteppin'" the rules to getting some more stiffness in the car without using SFCs (not allowed until SM not SP).

Thanks!
    -Rob
    (BTW, i'm shooting for a combo of light weight, cheap cheap price, safety, and effectiveness, in no particular order ... course, isn't that true with every part).

[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: Wicked 3800 V6 ]</p>
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X