Lights dimming out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights dimming out

Just bought my Camaro 2002, and every now and then usualy when i go from reverse to drive or while im driving and the car goes under 20 mph the headlights dim out the dashboard lights dim out and the battery meter goes into the red zone about 8amps or whatever. i dont know to much about the cars, just found this site and spent about an hour reading stuff to tune it up ect. anyway anyone happen to know what mite be the problem? it only happens every now and then it isnt every time i slow down or change gears. i think the alternator? i dont want to buy parts and have no clue so maybe one of yalls professional opinion could help he he. also one more problem, (that i noticed as of now) if im at a stop and hit the peddle to the metal u know, sometimes it will act like it wanted to go but then it feels like the fuel stoped pumping for about a second at most and then it burns off, u think maybe the fuel pump?

Re: Lights dimming out

What do the RPMs look like when this is happening? Is the car about to stall?

You can have your altenator tested at most reputable parts stores (for free).

Good luck and welcome to the board.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

ive got the same exact problem. ive replaced the alternator and battery and ive had no luck. i dont have anything really drawing really serious power either. my lights dim in second gear between 4500-5600rpm too? only in 2nd gear. no clue really. ive always thought something was grounding out somewere, and ive yet to find it. im thinkin about changing the 3 major grounds onthe car.
      Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

zzp makes an altenator rewire kit you could try it replaces the wiring harness with less restrictive wires, its only like 13 $s so it might be worth a try
        K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

Originally posted by matt3989
          zzp makes an altenator rewire kit you could try it replaces the wiring harness with less restrictive wires, its only like 13 $s so it might be worth a try
          Yup, I was the test car for zzp, helped me with dimming lights.
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

on my car, when i start out my lights dim, but i think it is because my RPM's are dropping from lettin the clutch out

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
              What do the RPMs look like when this is happening? Is the car about to stall?

You can have your altenator tested at most reputable parts stores (for free).

Good luck and welcome to the board.
              thanks for the weclome and no, the rpms are fine and the car isnt about to stall... it really isnt a problem that i can notice, just the lights on the car dim out for about a split second. hmm, maybe i can try that rewire kit they were talking about unless u got any other ideas? thanks again

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X