My heater hose fix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My heater hose fix!

So way back when I did my L26 swap I didnt want to reuse my stock heater hoses because they had already been patched once (or twice). So the L26 tensioner assembly looked mostly the same and had some o-ringed fittings on it that then connected to regular ole heater hose.

I took them out and they fit in my stock F-body tensioner. So I made some brackets to hold them in since the holes were in different places.

The fittings are both for 5/8" heater hose and as most of you know one hose on the heater core has to be 3/4". To fix this I went to lowes and got a 3/4" to 1" PEX adapter. It will be in the plumbing section. Ask the lowes guy and he will take you right to it. I took about 6"-8" of 5/8" hose and put on the fitting, put the 3/4" side of the PEX adapter in the 5/8" hose (its a perfect fit dont worry), the put the 3/4" hose on the 1" side and ran it to the heater core. The other fitting is just 5/8" hose all the way.

Total cost about $10, the adapter shouldnt be but about $2 the rest is hose and two new clamps. I had the stuff laying around to make the brackets so IDK what the material for that would cost. The threaded holes in the tensioner assembly are M5 and I tapped the hole in the bracket at the fitting the same so one wrench/socket can take it loose. No leaks or issues in over 10 months!

Pics:
    Attached Files

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X