fuel pump model options - any experience with these? Question for MT... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fuel pump model options - any experience with these? Question for MT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump model options - any experience with these? Question for MT...

i am always very skeptical when i read 'compatible' or 'direct fit.'

Check these out:
    http://home.comcast.net/~grayman99/fuel-pumps.htm

they are both listed by that vender as OE style, etc., but they have one model group listed...1993-2002. I know there are sublt differences in the tanks and the harnesses.

I also know that nobody 'realy' makes a truely plug and play pump for our cars. (i don't realy believe this vendors claims...)

If a basic internet search is performed on these two part numbers... the bbk shows up as 1985-1992 gm f body.

a search on the edelbrock part number does not show much of anything at all...other than the this particular vendors web site.

I also emailed the vender. I don't usualy get good replies from questions like this though.

Anybody here have experience with these two pumps?
    BBK-1630 BBK High-Volume OEM-Style Electric Fuel Pump Kits

EDELBROCK-17933 Edelbrock High Performance 255 liter/hr. In-Tank Fuel Pump

I don't mind paying a little extra if the pump is actually the correct length, fuel gage is still correct, pump bucket still works, etc.

MT: hey, you got the racetronix ls1 fuel pump kit, right? i remember you having some issues with it not quite being as plug n play as described. Do you remember which kit you bought? the 1998 Lsi (metal tank) or the 1999+ plastic tank or perhaps an LT1 racetronix kit? Also, was this the full blown kit that comes with the 'plug in play harness' as well as the harness ground and power upgraded gage wireing? (currently all the kits are $249)

http://www.racetronix.com/

TIA

[ March 20, 2006, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: grayman ]
    01 Firebird A4 3.42
    Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
    and other mods
    Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X