cooling fan help again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling fan help again.

ok so i got a 2000 camaro 3.8l auto. i did a coolant flush and chagne this weekend and while doing so my father and i noticed that my fans werent working. anyways i went ahead and changed the 3 fan relays and check both the 40 amp and 10 amp fuses both of which were fine. well today i went and tested the terminals on the fans and got nothing. my father said he thinks it might be the thermostat for the fans that went. however neither of us know exsactly were to locate it and dont want to strip all the wiring to find it. anyone have any idea were it is located.

Re: cooling fan help again.

Before you determine that anything is actually wrong, what did you do to test the fans?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

well i heated the car up to normal op temp t stat is stock 195 but i let it go to 210. fans never turned on. so my dad had me check if the fans were getting power. got nothing what so ever

Comment

I dont know what the stock fan settings are for 2000, but my 96' was set to kick on the low fans at 225. If you take a test light and clip it to something metal like usual then bump the relay terminal it should kick on when grounded. You probably just need a tune or a manual fan switch.

Comment

yea i tested both the high and low fan terminals with a test light got nothing. i checked both when the car was cold and hot got nothing.

Comment

If you turn your A/C on the low fans should get on. One way to test them.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The fans have have a switched ground, not power.

You can attempt the manual fan switch write up I have, but admin might wake up from his cv6 coma and tell you how wrong it is.
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

i turned the a/c on and the low fan comes on. but i have yet to see the high fan or low fan go on while the a/c is off. any ideas?

Comment

My idea is that you're just paranoid. If your car isn't overheating when you're driving don't worry about it. If it is, then sure look into the fans as being a possible problem. Otherwise, don't worry.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X