electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical problem

when I am driving my car will be running fine but all the warning light come on for about 1 sec and the needle act like there are coming if the car was just turned on. Any ideas?

Re: electrical problem

Check the alternator

Comment

is it possible that my alternator is going. I started noticing that the dash light dim a traffic lights a lil but the volts are good.

Comment

dont belive the gauge inside . check it with amp meter if you have one . if not go to advanced auto they will test it for free . only two bolts to pull it out . comes out in five minutes .

Comment

could it be a speed sensor?

Comment

No, It doesnt sound like a speed sensor.

Id say two options:
            1. Alternator like stated above, take it to just about any parts stores like discount auto, auto zone etc.. and have it tested.

2. Cluster going bad. Havent seen too many going bad on f-body's but on other cars in general Ive seen quite a bit of, sometimes they dont work at all, sometimes they do full 'sweeps' where the needles sweep from one side of the dial to the other.

Id guess your alternator is on its way out, Have it tested. If it fails replace it dont wait for it to completely stop working because it will do it at the worst, most inconveinent time ever and leave you stranded.
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X