i pulled all the wires out of my coil pack connector - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i pulled all the wires out of my coil pack connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i pulled all the wires out of my coil pack connector

yea, i did. and now i need to know how to fix it.

help?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Re: i pulled all the wires out of my coil pack connector

i fixed that one, but now i have a new problem, i hooked up my battery for the first time since i put my engine in and i have the weird headlight problem. when the switch is off, i hear a clicking noise, when i turn it to parking lights it stops, and the headlights go up, but one light is on, and the other three are dim, and they all blink in unison. when i turn the switch to on, the clicking noise starts a again, and the lights click back down like super slow....any ideas?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I had a problem like that on the trans am. The other lights are dim because it is grounding through them. The clicking is prob a headlight motor is stripped. The reason one was on for me and the other 3 was dim was the harness on the pass side was coroded. I had to re-splice in the wires.
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

check the 2 radiator crossmember grounds but here was my thread....

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/stereo...thers-dim.html
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

kk. i think thats my problem. i have this left over ground strap i dont know where it goes. i figured id post up later to get an answer on that, but the headlights are a problem now. would you happen to be able to tell me where the two ends connect to? its just a non-insulated strap...thats gotta be my problem
          Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
            kk. i think thats my problem. i have this left over ground strap i dont know where it goes. i figured id post up later to get an answer on that, but the headlights are a problem now. would you happen to be able to tell me where the two ends connect to? its just a non-insulated strap...thats gotta be my problem
            Where is this "ground Strap" you have located ? is it connected to anything ?
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

its totally not connected at either end. its seperate from everything else. i just went and looked, and the thread i used to pull the engine shows one to disconnect. if you look at the fuse box, from the front of the car, i think its the one connected to the body where the brake lines go down. where would the other end go?
              Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                i think its the one connected to the body where the brake lines go down. where would the other end go?
                yes i know that one. hmm.. not sure where the other end goes to. I know on my ls1 it bolted to the actual engine block.
                1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

that would make sense, seeing as the main fat ground from the battery grounds to the block. ill go attach it somewhere and see what happens.
                  Team NoVa

Comment

that fixed it. but now i have other problems...ima post up in advanced engine for that one.

thanks bud.
                    Team NoVa

Comment

no problem
                      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                      1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X