98 Camaro headlights gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Camaro headlights gone

Hi m8-s, in the winter I took engine out of the car and repaired all the leaks, for now is the engine back in the car...and running quite good...but something is missing...my headlights are working only with the sensor in the dash pad that switches lights on @ night. also are gone gauges lights.
    is it possible that theres the problem: heres a pic of a mass wire (rounded one)that isnt connected in the other side cause i donno where to connect it to...can anyone help me with info where should the other side go to.......
    hope that helps me out, if the problem isnt in that wire then where can it be?

Sry 4 my bad english im Estonian
    My best regards...Marko

Re: 98 Camaro headlights gone

well just to let you know that is only a ground wire, its hard to tell where it goes but its definitely a ground wire, hopefully that helps out any way it can. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by SilverFire View Post
      well just to let you know that is only a ground wire, its hard to tell where it goes but its definitely a ground wire, hopefully that helps out any way it can. good luck
      Thanks for help...mass wire, ground wire....our schools didnt teach technical english when I had my schooldays...long long time ago :)

I think it should mount to the engine itsself but does it matter to choose the mounting point on my own, for now I mounted the wire to the engine but the lights R still gone...need a plan B :D is it possible that my headlight switch is blown? Can I test it somehow? if so then if the lights and switch works then the lights must go down too when i remove the switch, can anyone test it? :D I know it was too much to ask but "never know" :D

Cheers!

Comment

Hi again.....today I saw something weird...if handbrake is on then everything is working...gauge lights, headlights and everything that should work....when I turn handbrake off then everything disappears :D btw on the gauges is the only light that always works "air bag" dont even know where to look for solving the problem.

Marco

Comment

Yes, that ground wire is connected to the block near the starter. Mine's corroded off.. Not even connected and everything works so I don't know how much help it really is.

Anyways. You could pull your switch out and get one of those $5 testers and check for voltage through the switch. You should probably check your fuses. I'd check that box in the dash that controls the DRL's to make sure you have everything connected correctly.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Thanx....Ill check the DRL box, but how is the air bag light involved with that mess? :)
            how much should the voltage be in the switch normally?

btw nice rides Blizzard242 :)

Comment

Originally posted by V6CamaroEST View Post
              Thanx....Ill check the DRL box, but how is the air bag light involved with that mess? :)
              how much should the voltage be in the switch normally?

btw nice rides Blizzard242 :)
              Just get one of those 12v light bulb testers to see if you even have power at the switch.

And thanks.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

finally solved the problem...reason was the burnt dimmer...changed that and everythings fine now....main problem now is to get rid of the AIR BAG light.....any solutions?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X