headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlights

hey guys i just ordered some new headlights and they can run on the hid system... they say they're rated for 6000k but i was thinking of runnign 8000k bulbs.. would this cause any damage? also i was thinking of running some 8000k hid bulbs for my fog lights...would i need to upgrade my light assembly to do this or can i just replace the bulbs with the xenon hid's?

Re: headlights

i think all you have to do is get the hid kits and your fog set up will do just fine
    also i dont think 8000k bulbs will do any damage but im no pro thats my motto

Comment

what exactly is an hid kit thought.. i've heard of them but don't know the first thing about them

Comment

hid kits are plug and play like this>>
        included should be 2 x HID bulbs
        2 x Ballasts
        2 x Power cables (attached to bulbs)
        All necessary wires and accessories
        google the info on how it work and read about it good luck

Comment

thanks for all the help

Comment

op- you'll be fine with the 8000k setup. I have the dual halos that recommend only up to 6000k and it didn't harm anything going with the 8's. Just remember that if you get aftermarket assemblies then you'll need different bulb types from stock, the 9006 bulb wont work.

check your pm's.
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X