door locks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door locks?

Hey guys, first post. so i did a search but did not find an answer just a very short discussion. when i am driving my doors become infested with demon souls and start unlocking for no reason at very random times. the only thing that fixes it is to hold down the unlock switch for a second or two. does anybody have a clue as to where i should start to get this fixed? the owner before me got an aftermarket alarm installed but i never use it because he said it stopped working and he disconected some of the stuff???? thanks for any help
    Last edited by Fbodytrinity; 04-11-2009, 06:48 PM.

Re: door locks?

Kind of sounds to me like the aftermarket alarm system is behind this.

I Would take your car to a shop, that professionally installs car alarms and whatnot, and get it removed completely.

Should cost about $50 for them to do it.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

yeah i was thinking that but wasnt sure cause i saw that another guy had this problem

Comment

A poor shop will just twist wires together and put tape over the joint when they install alarm systems. Eventually these splices come undone and cause problems later. If you are adventurous enough: open up the dash below the steering wheel and examine all the splices by unwrapping the tape around the splice, examine for good solder or crimp joint then re-wrap with good electrical tape.

Comment

check the switch for wear also, my fathers car had a bad window switch and would do similar things until one morning it just decided to short out and burn the whole panel up (we are lucky the whole car didnt burn down)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X