Heck of a problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heck of a problem...

For those who don't know me in from MNfbody club. Their having some issues so I thought I would come here.

95 Pontiac Firebird 3.4l Auto No mods. Rebuilt engine. 140,000
    Weather conditions: Snow, Slush, and Huge Puddles. Raining.

So I was drive for a half hour when I saw I was at 1/4 tank of gas. I stopped at the friendly neighborhood SA to fill up. I got back on the highway, and about a half mile down the road my tachometer AND speedometer jumped up and down erratically as if the electrical system was "surging." The dash lights did dim in and out. NO CHANGE IN ENGINE SPEED. (i.e. the engine sounded steady and my foot was steady.)

I pulled over. w/o shutting the car off, I check to make sure there was no tranny fluid leaking from the VSS. electrical connections etc. Everything checked out.

I continued on home with no issues. I parked in my drive way for 1 1/2 hours. Then I started up the car. I cranked STRONG and got to about 500 RPMS and died. It completed the crank process but could not run. I DID hear the fuel pump prime. I can repeat the starting process with no change. (i.e. I have my doubts on this being a fuel issue. All electronics work. No lights, no codes.

First I bench tested the alternator DYNAMICALLY and it passed all three tests.
    Battery Is New at 12.6v Bosch Premium
    I replaced the ignition control module think that it was that because of the Crank Mode and Run Mode these cars have. But to no avail.

I'm stomped already. Its such a rouge issue. Any input? Thanks.

Re: Heck of a problem...

Before replacing parts, if it's still not starting you need to test for spark, and then test the fuel pressure. If it has spark and fuel pressure, then you need to check the injectors with a test light or voltmeter to see if they are getting a signal from the ECM. One of these three things is missing, otherwise it would start.
    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X