? on isolator or realy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? on isolator or realy

So I installed my Dyna Batt. in front and have a red top Optima in back in a battery box with 80 amp fuses at each end. Right now they are wired parrell and I have a Stinger 80 amp isolator I can use to seperate them or a 200 amp relay. I read that the relay gives the batt. more voltage since there is less resistance. Does anyone know if this is true? Which one should I install? i bought the relay then for some reason thought I needed a isolator so I bought one. Thanks for your help.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: ? on isolator or realy

resistance limits current, so there's more voltage - ohm's law
    Last edited by Leonard 3.8L; 03-28-2009, 07:11 AM.
    Leonard
    www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
    sigpic

Comment

So I'll use the 200 amp relay, should I mount the relay up front or in the rear or does it matter. My amps are wired off the Optima in the trunk mount box. So I was thinking it would be better to have it there. But the stereo would be running off the front since it is wired from the stock wires, and the Dyna batt will dye alot quicker than the Optima so it might be better to put it there. I don't know, what do you think?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Experiment with your setup. I couldn't really tell you what workz best.
        Leonard
        www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X