A little clarification on power distribution - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little clarification on power distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little clarification on power distribution

Ok, I think I am understanding this correctly, but I wanted to check with you guys first. Are both of these statements correct (car is a 93 Camaro)?

1. The fuse block gets its power from the alternator, which gets its power directly from the battery +.

2. The ignition switch receives its power from the Battery Junction Block, which gets its power directly from the battery +.

Re: A little clarification on power distribution

ok, I've been searching and looking through wiring diagrams and I'm still not sure how the fuse block gets its power exactly. Some say directly from the battery, some say from the alternator, and some say from the red Battery Junction Block (I'm assuming this is it, correct??):

I'm wondering though, since I have different answers for how the fuse block is powered, would anyone happen to know for sure?

Like I said, I've been searching through the wiring diagrams that I have but whenever the I/P Fuse Block is mentioned, it just says "HOT AT ALL TIMES" or "HOT IN RUN/START/TEST," but nothing about how the fuse block receives power.

Comment

I think that red box should have a wire from the batt. going to it to power it. I think that is right, I would have to check the diagrams in my haynes manual.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I think I answered my own question. I overlooked this diagram.

According to this wiring diagram, there is a wire going directly from the battery positive to the Battery Junction Block. The BJB has a Fusible Link (F) which goes directly to the Instrument Panel Fuse Block.

Here's the diagram in case anyone else might find it useful in the future:

Comment

I know if there is not a wire from the batt. the car won't start, everything is dead. Good diagram, I just have a 8ga. wire hooked up to it from the batt. Thanks for the diagram.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

LOL! nice pic in that diagram!
            2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
            Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Comment

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
              LOL! nice pic in that diagram!
              Hahaha!! Instead of buying bookmarks all the time we just take those little subscription cards out of my car magazines and cut them in half. My girl though got me a subscription to a certain magazine ;) so the little subscription cards in there get cut up into bookmarks too. :D

Comment

Originally posted by demonpixel View Post
                Hahaha!! Instead of buying bookmarks all the time we just take those little subscription cards out of my car magazines and cut them in half. My girl though got me a subscription to a certain magazine ;) so the little subscription cards in there get cut up into bookmarks too. :D
                My wife got me a year subscription last year, got the free video with it, I hope it was for me.LOL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X