Is my BCM bad? whats a BCM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my BCM bad? whats a BCM?

Hi, first post in a long time. A few months ago, i was driving along and my clutch blew. The moment my clutch blew, my radio and interior lights stopped working. The fuse wasn't blown, not fuses were blown, I checked them all. every thing else works. I don't have power windows if that's relevant. and 2 more stupid mistakes that may have something to do with the problem:

1: I had an extra pair of 6:9's in the back, i ran wires from the back speaker terminals to them.

2: i may have had the wrong size fuse on there, i don't remember.

is it my BCM? i don't know what a BCM is but i did search and that is what other people with my problem were told. was it a coincidence that the clutch and the radio went out at the same time? any advice?

Re: Is my BCM bad? whats a BCM?

o, i forgot to mention, it's a 95 3.4L camaro, im guessing that's important info.

Comment

bcm is body control module. like a brain that opens windows, works radio, controls illumination, locks etc.
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

I thought unless it is a 97+, they do not have a BCM, but I may be wrong. If you do need one, I have an extra one lying around that you can try. Also, If you want to ship yours to me, i can probably fix ti for you. I had the same problem with mine and had to resolder a bunch of cracked spots in the bcm
        Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Well that's nice of you thanks. But before i mess with anything i want to make sure the BCM is the problem. (that is if I have a BCM) Is there any way of testing before i start trying to figure out how to get to it?

Comment

I found this

http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1c/bl546c.htm

I know its not about fbody BCM but it defines it.
            Last edited by Leonard 3.8L; 02-27-2009, 07:45 AM.
            Leonard
            www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks, it's that box next to my right knee when Im driving right?

Comment

or is it behind the glove box?

Comment

actialy im holding the BCM in my hand right now, and if theres something wrong with it i have no idea what it is, nothing looks broken but i don't know much about computer boards.

Comment

FIXED IT! plugged it back in, replaced some fuses, and it's all gravy now. :banana:

Comment

I actually thought I had a bcm in my 93 3.4L Camaro. I searched in the 93 GM Service Manual and there is no mention at all about the bcm.

I also pulled out my dash and while it was out I looked for it. Couldn't find it, even though I'm not sure what one looks like.

niik, could you take a pic of it and post it? i'm gettin a little confused now...

Comment

Good job on fixing it!
                        Leonard
                        www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X