Radio wont turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio wont turn off

Okay, so usually when I stop the car, remove the keys from the ignition and open the dorr, the radio turns itself off as soon as the door opens. Yesterday I had a problem start. The radio is not turning its self off when I open the door anymore, It just decides to stay on.

Anybody have any idea what could be causeing this and how I might be able to fix it?

Re: Radio wont turn off

The ignition wire behind the radio is what triggers the radio to turn on and off. I would begin with checking that. Remove the radio from the dash. The harness on the radio will probably not be long enough for you to pull the radio out and get behind it without disconnecting it. SOOOO.... you could disconnect it, strip the insulation back on the ignition wire (see mod ency for color) and add another longer piece of wire to run out to you. Plug the radio harness back in and turn on the ignition. With a multimeter, verify you have +12V on your wire you added and ran out to you. Verify the radio turns on and is playing. Now, while viewing your multimeter, turn off the ignition and open the door. Does the +12V go away? If not, there's your problem. If so, the problem is internal to the radio and it must be replaced.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

I had a problem like that , the door trigger wasn't working but it would still shut off with the interior lights , so I was lucky. I forget how I rewired it when I put the Alpine in but it will turn off when I turn the key off. Listen to 96firebird, sounds like a good plan.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

if you have power windows check if they still go down also after the door is opened if they do there is a fault somewhere in your retained accessory power circut

this allows you to use your windows and radio untill you open your door or 5min after the ignition is turned off whichever comes first.

i might just check to see if it automaticly turns off after 5 min and if it does i guess i wouldent worry about it

Comment

Originally posted by tomham View Post
          if you have power windows check if they still go down also after the door is opened if they do there is a fault somewhere in your retained accessory power circut

this allows you to use your windows and radio untill you open your door or 5min after the ignition is turned off whichever comes first.

i might just check to see if it automaticly turns off after 5 min and if it does i guess i wouldent worry about it
          I was thinking the same.
          MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
          http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X