flip-up headlight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flip-up headlight problem

Ever since i hit a pole on the drivers front end (black ice, its the second f***ing time it got me) my headlight goes up and down when i lock on unlock the car and then the drivers side motor continues to run and then stops. Is the motor stripped?

Re: flip-up headlight problem

how does it look visually?? Does everthing look normal? Sounds like a wire or connector is shorted and is bypassing the main light control switch.

Comment

Yes. You need to replace the gear in the motor. They sell brass or the plastic on eBay. I used the brass gears that use the stock rubber insulator. It came as a kit. The guy also sells them from a web sight.
      sigpic

Comment

It all looks alright, my drivers side turn signal is also out from my accident on the left front, could that affect it?

Comment

how badly damaged is the front? can you trace any wires around the area of impact? a shorted/open wire can cause all kinds of problems...
          Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

The gear in the motor is stripped or the headlight motor is broken. When the headlight motors go out, they cause all sorts of weird reactions with the locks and turning on/off the car. Once you fix or replace the headlight motor, everything should go back to normal.
            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

i have been trying very hard to get someone to define "black ice" to me...DO IT
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                i have been trying very hard to get someone to define "black ice" to me...DO IT
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_ice
                <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

It is extremely clear ice over a surface of road that makes it look wet, not iced there for making it extremely dangerous as the driver is expecting to continue on a wet road rather than an iced over road. It's really a pain to notice, usually it's to late by the time you do.

Comment

how hard are they to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by firebird19_99 View Post
                      how hard are they to replace?
                      http://forum.camarov6.com/showpost.p...20&postcount=7
                      Red 96' A4 Firebird
                      Audio Audio and Autotek
                      Check it out here!

Comment

haha yea dont i know it, last year the same thing happened but that time i hit a telephone pole which set me back about 3200 even at maaco (which did a terrible job), so ive got about 9500 into a 3700 car. but i just looked and one of the wires are disconnected from the turn signal socket, but is that what is still making the motor spin after they go down?
                        Last edited by Chase Walker; 02-11-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

never mind dont need to ansmer that, its the gear, thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X